UPDATE: CONTEST NOW CLOSING MARCH 9th 5:00PM
Calling all artists, and inspired community members! We are looking for inspired community members who can design a creative, innovative, and professional logo to help promote our upcoming conference
CJUC is hosting the National Campus and Community Radio Associations 39th annual National Community Radio Conference in Whitehorse June 2020 and is looking for a visual identity for the conference. We are seeking individuals who can design a creative, innovative and professional logo design. The logo should be recognizable and help promote this year’s theme of “Community and Communication”. The rest is up to you! Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules & submission requirements.
The contest begins on February 12, 2020. Submissions will be accepted through March 9th 5:00PM, 2020.
In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all eligible participants must:
- Create a logo design
- Describe the symbolism behind your logo design
- Submit the design with your Name, Phone number and Email
Professional: This logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and on stationary, brochures, merchandise and other visual collateral. As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible.
Color: There are no limitations; any colours may be used. However, the logo must look good in colour, black and white, greyscale, and reverse treatments.
Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
Theme: Logo must promote the theme of this year’s NCRC which is “Community and Communication”
Size: up to 12” by 12” on paper or up to 10MB 300 dpi vector file 1 to 1 ratio. The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
Designs MUST incorporate:
1) The words NCRC 39
2) the words Whitehorse 2020
• The CJUC Selection Committee will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria:
• Relevance – Does the entry align with the stated conference theme?
• Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
• Aesthetic Quality – Is the submission eye-catching and command attention? Does it display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
• Adaptability – Is the design conducive to scaling of logo to accommodate different treatments (i.e. electronic application, letterhead, various types of marketing materials, etc.)?
• The selection will be final.
Winners will be announced in via our website, social media websites and by direct contact to the winners’ email accounts no later than March 15th, 2020
Contest winner will receive $150 Visa Gift Card
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
ELIGIBILITY: Must be a Yukon resident.
DEADLINE: Entries must be received by email March 9th 5:00PM, 2020
- All design entries must include name, complete home mailing address and home phone number.
- Electronics versions should include the person’s name and “NCRC39”
- This is an individual event.
Winners will be selected by CJUC/NCRA Staff. Contestants agree that CJUC/NCRA may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future. All entries will become the property of CJUC/NCRA. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to CJUC/NCRA. An entry submission into this competition constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, institution, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation. Additionally, CJUC/NCRA may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve its goals. CJUC/NCRA reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.